Thursday, October 8, 2009

It’s the time for examinations!!!

For a Mass Communication student, the best time probably during the course is the exams! Atleast, that’s my idea. I just relish these few days where others are studying, crying, squealing and going to unknown levels of frustrations and I get to sit relaxed and watch them all go by. Well, actually the course comprises of such practical work that exams seem nothing. Not that we don’t study, we do but lesser than others do. It’s all practical based.

The past week has been just great. Recently I have taken it as a habit to observe people. It’s so fascinating to do so. You get to see so many aspects of life just by seeing and observing people, you may get to learn many things. Just as I am writing this, I can catch glimpses of the girls from the other hostels running in frenzy to reach their examination halls. Probably they are getting late. Some are even running with open books in their hands. As if they can run and read at the same time! Well maybe they can! While some others are walking with a calm in their gait, looks like the silence before the big storm. My roommate just left too with a smile on her face. It’s so nice to see people going off with a smile. She hopefully is happy that today is the last day of this “torture”. Well this is an hour before the exams so the last minute emotions are what I am catching

In the evenings, sitting on the verandah and again observing the girls is another time of immense pleasure. Some then are busy eating (like filling up as much as they can before starting the battle of studying once again),some are over the phone (now I do want to know who do they talk to because that will make another interesting observation) while the rest do what girls like best. Yes, gossiping. Cummon, even during these trying days, you can’t take the real element of girls, their fodder, their survival instincts- gossiping! It makes what we are!

Staying at a girls’ hostels surrounded by another couple of similar hostels, another interesting observation I made is the boys coming up right to the gates of our hostels to get the notes. It’s so typically boys to do that, isn’t it? I mean cant they gather their own notes?? Do they need to come to the girls hostels?? Umm…..interesting.

During meals, well, I won’t repeat myself again. The girls mix studies with gossips so easily as if it’s one and the same thing.

As the others run for their exams, let me get back to the depressing mode of studying! Well, I too have exams, can’t forget that even though “its practical based”!!!

1 comment:

  1. It was a nice reading. u can write interestingly. keep it up.

    ReplyDelete