Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Durga Puja


For a Bengali the most awaited event of the year is surely the Durga Pujas. Its always what we look forward to. It’s the time when not only Maa Durga comes home to her fathers place, but we want to go home to the place we belong. Every year it’s the same and every year its special.

This year too Puja came and Puja went. Maa came and Maa left. One of the most memorable if sad pujas for me. I literally struggled to go home this time and after much hardships I did manage to go home. There the time I spent was special. Met up with friends, family, cousins whom I now meet only once a year. All in all a good time.

But this time when Maa was leaving, I had tears in my eyes, just wanted to stop Maa and tell her to stay back, no to go so soon. Yes this time it was too soon. Before the childhood like excitement could build up it was all over and Maa was on her way back. In our locality she even decided to not show her face but just leave. Never did I feel this bad. She left giving us a sense of emptiness that will take some time to fill.

Now that I am back to work, I wish, like I always do, for the next Puja, for the next season for excitement, fun, frolic.

Maa we are waiting

No comments:

Post a Comment