Friday, July 17, 2009

A small dream comes true…

We often dream of many things, some quite impossible, some though within reach does not really come true. When I was younger, I had many such dreams, many have come true some haven’t. but today a little dream did come true. I visited Lady Sri Ram College. Well let me share this story.

When I was in my +2 much of my time was devoted in collecting information about institutions and one place that kept coming on and off was Delhi University. It was the place to be and it still is. Every time there was any information about graduation, the list started with the colleges in DU. As I was interested in pursuing History honours, LSR was always said to be the best college for that. Slowly that became my dream. I just wanted to go there and that was it. I knew that was a big dream and it would be really tough to fulfill it. But I just wanted to do that. The cut-offs were terrific (they still are) and for a mediocre student under the state board quite unreachable. But I kept dreaming. When finally the time came for me to apply, I could not even fill in the forms, as my results were not declared. And all my dreams were dashed immediately. I later took up something completely different and history as a career became a history.

Back from this flashback now its time to relate how the dream came true four years later. Well I entered LSR- the great college, the place that was supposed to be my destiny but didn’t eventually become. But my niece is there now doing the same thing I wanted to do. She is in LSR doing history honours. I went to meet her and than I also got a chance to enter the place. To be honest, I felt strange. I have moved on so much in life that the dream of going to LSR has been buried somewhere deep within me. Today it emerged, but I did not feel really bad. I have quite happy doing what I am doing. No real regrets. As a friend often tells me, if I had gone to LSR, I would not get to know some of the best people I call friends now and then today I am what I am for my graduation days.

But yes a small dream of entering LSR did come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment